Table of Contents
Let’s discuss some of the basics first.
Programming languages ranking
It has become so widely spread recently that you will see it being used in web pages, server applications, server-side, mobile applications, and even games.
It becomes the StackOverflow developers preferred choice because of the flexibility and adaptability that it offers.
Learn more on: AN INTRODUCTION TO REACT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
Features of React
- Unidirectional data flow.
- Supportive of component-based development.
- Fast UI updates using virtual DOM.
- Easy to comprehend and code.
- Typescript access.
- Native support.
- Easy and effective.
When should you use React
- Works best for Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Perfect for applications like stat dashboards.
- Highly interactive applications like social media and eCommerce work fine with it.
The success of Angular as a framework can be attributed to the versatility it offers. Many of the software developers are starting their careers using Angular. Some of the best features like two-way data binding, dependency injection, CLI, TypeScript support, and Ivy directives are some of the highlight-worthy features of Angular, which makes it an ideal framework for large-scale applications.
Features of Angular
- Availability of built-in services in AngularJS.
- AngularJS’s two-way data binding facilitates synchronization between DOM and the model and vice versa.
- The built-in dependency injection feature in AngularJS helps developers to create, access, and understand applications.
When to use Angular
- Helps in improving web app rankings in search engines.
- Pages load faster and offer across app uniformity and design ease.
According to the State of JS 2020 survey, Angular has been reigning as the second most popular application for the 5th year in a row.
Features of Vue
- VueJS makes use of a virtual DOM.
- Built-in component to help with CSS transition and animations.
- Two-way data binding options allow you to manipulate and assign values to HTML properties, style changes, and the option to give classes, etc.
- Easy to learn and comprehend
- VueJS has components that allow you to create custom HTML that is reusable in HTML
When to use Vue
- If you’re a beginner getting started then it will be easy to use a component library based on HTML, CSS, and JS.
- These cover fundamental functions such as data management and routing.
- Virtual DOM facilitates minimum load time and fast rendering.
According to the State of JS 2020 survey, Vue.js is the third most used frontend framework in the past four years.
If we compare the above-mentioned and discussed three frameworks then React dominates the search volume at 57.5%, with Angular sharing the second highest with 31.5%, and Vue.js making it in the list with 11% share.
Features of Meteor JS
- Meteor’s fast real-time database allows you to check changes users make without having to reload.
- Have a security system in place to avoid hacking and unauthorized access.
- Reuse code was written by others
If you’re in need of the best frontend framework then ExpressJS should be the desired framework. TJ Holowaychuk developed ExpressJS based on the Sinatra web framework after the release of Node.js in 2009. It is rather fast and less opinionated and is used to create web applications and Rest API. It facilitates the development of node-based web applications.
Features of ExpressJS
- Facilitates middleware set up for response from HTTP requests
- Identification of a routing table to take various actions depending on the URL and HTTP method.
- Dynamic rendering of HTML pages focused on passing arguments to templates.
- You can achieve simple web application functionality without hindering the functionality of Node.js.
Read about Node.js: WHY USE NODE.JS AS A BACKEND FOR YOUR APPLICATION: A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE
Features of EmberJS
- HTML and CSS are at the core of its developmental model.
- The Ember Inspector tool can be used for debugging Ember applications.
- The templates can automatically update the model upon content changes.
Features of Backbone.JS
- Offers numerous types of building blocks such as models, views, routers, for building client-based applications.
- Soft dependency on jQuery and strong dependency on underscore.js.
- It helps developers in creating well-organized and formatted client-based web apps and mobile apps.
- It’s a free and open-source library with over 100 available extensions.
Features of Svelte
- Requires less code.
- It is truly reactive.
- No virtual DOM.
When should you use Svelte
- It can be used to create single and reusable components for any given project.
It has grown immensely in popularity because of the speed and performance that it offers.
According to the State of JS 2020 survey, developers are taking a keen interest in Svelte for the past two years.
The graph clearly shows the keen interest in Svelte by the developers and it has only increased over time.
It was first launched in 2013 and is similar to React in many ways owing to features like component-based and virtual DOM. As it emphasizes providing developers with lightweight fast performance, developers have been cautious about React’s capabilities.
If you are to see the change in trends then a look at the npm trends downloads statistics for Preact, shows a dramatic increase in the number of downloads over the last year, from 200K to 600K which indicates it can continue to be a hit in the coming year too.
Features of Preact
- Lightweight and small-sized.
- Effective in memory use.
- Quality and efficiency
Preact would have to introduce features that can set it apart from other similar frameworks like react-lite, Inferno, and many more.
Features of PolymerJS
- PolymerJS library is designed with top web standards API which enables the option to build custom HTML elements.
- Option to build your own reusable and customizable modules using polyfills web component specifications.
- Make it to build reusable widgets.
- Offers cross-border compatibility and other gestures that make it an ideal framework to build mobile and web applications.
- Supports quick and easy development of hybrid applications.
Features of NextJS
- Optimum server-side rendering backed by exceptional SEO with a quick startup.
- Automated code splitting and efficient system-based file routing
- It has built-in CSS support and supports data retrieval.